Friday, January 2, 2015

Great Northen War, Cottage

Some more terrain.....




















I found a wood model of a small Scandinavian cottage at fleamarket a while ago. It was bare wooden model without paint or decorations. Probably some kind of souvenir. The scale? -Well more or less fitting for 28mm miniatures. The roofing was made out of dried natural moss an lichen. So I started with a serious cleaning of the model. Then applied a new cover( once more a piece of a towel). There were som clump foliage flock applied to it as well, otherwise roofing had been a bit too even.
Finally some colour and coating was added to it all. The end result was this cottage suitable for all kinds of Scandinavian enviroments. More terrain to our Great Northen war project.

9 comments:

  1. Looks good and I like the brick chimney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little piece, and wonderful work on the roof. The chimney looks really well sculpted and very realistic!
    Maybe I should tag along the next time Johanna is going to a flea-market...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chimney is the original one. I actually considered to remove it. I thought it to be a bit tall, but it seems like a good descion to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have few other finds as well, a windmill, a barn and and building that can be turned into a blockhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent!! Very nicely done sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments Rodger! :)

      Delete
  6. Very nice cottage.I have some cottages of those myself but the smaller ones.I also bought my cottages on the flee-market(great place).I am planning to start playing games in the era of the Great Northern war between the swedes and the danes.I will start following your nice blog from now on.Interessting projects! Fortsätt blogga!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ptr,

      I definitly hope we will be able to discuss this topic futher. I have considered to expand the Great Northen war into  the Swedish-Danish theatres. There are the battles in Scania of course, but also those around Trondheim.

      Delete